Cabbage Jowar Muthias ( Acidity Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17431 times
These muthias make a great breakfast, when accompanied by a fruit or a fruit juice.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of approx. 125 mm. (5") in length.
- Place the rolls on a greased steaming dish and steam over a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are firm.
- Remove, cool and cut into 25 mm (1") thick slices.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and fry till they crackle.
- Add the asafoetida and curry leaves and fry for few more seconds.
- Add the sliced muthias and sauté over a low flame till they are lightly browned.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.