by Tarla Dalal
Added to 392 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38948 times
Ghughra, a traditional gujarati tea time snack gets a savoury twist with this unique filling. Cabbage ghughras feature a stuffing made of cabbage, raisins, coconut and other ingredients pepped up with a dash of lemon juice too. Serve the ghughras soon after deep frying to maintain the texture and crispness.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre of a round, gather the edges on the top and press well to close the round.
- Repeat with the remaining rounds and stuffing to make 9 more ghughras.
- Heat a deep kadhai and deep-fry the ghughras a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.