Buttermilk Fried Onions ( Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 368 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40029 times
Onion rings dipped in buttermilk flavoured batter results in a crisp and flavourful finger food. Combine it with a dip, a cup of tea or a glass of juice, and your favourite movie- and there, you have a plan par comparison!
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, buttermilk, pepper powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, dip the onion rings in the batter, a few at a time, and deep-fry till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper, sprinkle a little chaat masala over it and toss well.
- Serve immediately with mayonnaise.
- To make 1½ cups of buttermilk, combine ½ cup of fresh curds with 1 cup of water in a bowl, whisk well and use as per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.