Buttermilk Fried Onions ( Easy Gourmet Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 447 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12001 times
Thin onion rings in buttermilk batter, deep fried till golden brown.
- Peel and cut the onions into rings. Keep aside.
- Make a batter of pouring consistency with the flour, buttermilk, black pepper powder, soda bi-carb and salt.
- Dip the onion rings in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
- To make the onion rings crisper, add 1/2 teaspoon of cornflour to the batter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.