Buttermilk Fried Onion Rings ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29491 times
Butter milk added to the batter brings out a unique flavour in these onion rings. Toss the freshly-fried rings in chaat masala and serve hot with ketchup or eggless mayonnaise. They vanish from the plate pretty quickly!
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, buttermilk, pepper powder, soda-bi-carb and salt in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip the onion rings in the batter, a few at a time, and deep-fry till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, sprinkle a little chaat masala over it and toss well.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately with tomato ketchup and eggless mayonnaise.
- To make 1½ cups of buttermilk, combine ½ cup of fresh curds with 1 cup of water in a bowl, whisk well and use as per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.