Bulgur Wheat Porridge ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70749 times
This wholesome and satisfactory porridge is good for your baby now that she is growing rapidly and her appetite is also increasing. It will keep her satisfied for a couple of hours. It is a very good source of important nutrients like energy, carbohydrates, calcium, vitamin a and iron. Dates are used to sweeten this porridge as they provide iron and fibre in substantial quantities.
- Pressure cook the bulgur wheat and dates with ½ cup of water for 3 whistles. Cool.
- Liquidise the cooked bulgur wheat and dates with ½ cup of milk in a blender till it is smooth in texture.
- Transfer this into a pan and bring to boil, stirring continuously so that no lumps remain. Serve lukewarm.
- BAJRA PORRIDGE
- Occasionally, you use 1 tablespoon of whole bajra (black millet) as a substitute for 1 tablespoon of bulgur wheat.
- JOWAR PORRIDGE
- You can also add 1 tablespoon of whole jowar (white millet) instead of the bulgur wheat.
- JOWAR AND RAGI PORRIDGE
- A combination of cereals like ½ tablespoon of whole jowar (white millet) and ½ tablespoon of whole ragi (nachni) will also be a good alternative.
- You can also experiment with other combinations like jowar, bajra, ragi etc.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
| 130 gm|| 229 kcal|| 5.4 gm|| 31.4 gm|| 6.7 gm|| 160.0 mcg|| 1.0 mg|| 228.8 mg|| 1.3 mg|| 5.6 mcg|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.