Bulgur Wheat Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35598 times
Bulgur wheat proves to be a good breakfast food, as it provides an adequate amount of energy (calories) and protein. Since your body requires calcium, the addition of curds improves the calcium content of the recipe. These pancakes are ideal for your second trimester as they are rich in fibre and will ease your digestive problems too.
- Soak the bulgur wheat in enough hot water in a bowl for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the bulgur wheat, curds and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the bulgur wheat mixture into a bowl, add the cabbage, wheat flour, besan¸ green chilli paste, asafoetida, salt, coriander and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round. You can make 7 pancakes at a time.
- Cook each pancake, using ? tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 7 more pancakes in one more batch.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Energy|| 42 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 6.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Calcium|| 12.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.