Buckwheat Pancakes, Kuttu Pancake Diabetic Snacks
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53020 times
Pancakes are favorites across the world. In this Indianised version, the not-so-common buckwheat combines with sour low-fat curds and bottle gourd to make iron and fibre-rich pancakes.
Have it along with Green Chutney or Mint and Onion Chutney for a delicious treat.
- Combine the buckwheat and curds with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 1 hour.
- Blend the buckwheat-curds mixture to a coarse mixture without using any water.
- Transfer the coarse mixture into a deep bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste, coriander, turmeric powder, asafoetida, bottle gourd, salt and 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using 1/8 tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick circle.
- Cook, using 1/8 tsp of oil, till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 7 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with mint and onion chutney.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Energy|| 76 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 12.8 gm|
|Fat|| 1.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.7 gm|
|Iron|| 2.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.