Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7898 times
Buck wheat is a whole grain which is rich in fiber and protein.
I soaked up 1 cups of buckwheat and didn't think of any recipe....hmm. I was really running out of ideas. I was already running out of time to make breakfast, so I just thought of making idli's out of it, but to my surprise, they turned out so good and fluffy than the usual idlis. I also add some zucchini, sour cream and yogurt. It was yummy and ate is just like that without any chutney or sambar. First I was tensed whether Anush will like it or not....he ate it just like he would eat the normal idli. So this is a winner recipe for me.
- Wash and soak the buckwheat in enough warm water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a pan add oil and when it's hot enough add the zucchini and saute it until it become little soft for about 2 to 3 mins.
- In a mixer grind the buckwheat and transfer it to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and the sauteed zucchini and mix well and keep aside for about 5 mins, so that the batter rise.
- In a idli cooker, apply bit oil on the bottom and spoon the batter into the idli plates and steam it for about 15 mins on medium high flame or for 7 mins after the steam comes out.
- Serve these fluffy idlis with your choice of chutney or sambar or you can just eat it like this plain and simple.
This recipe was contributed by anushoj on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.