Buckwheat Dhoklas ( Cooking with 1 Tsp Oil Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51604 times
This combination of buckwheat, sanwa millet and curds makes an interesting recipe which is best enjoyed when served piping hot with a spoonful of low calorie green chutney. I've selected buckwheat as it abounds in fibre that will keep you satiated for a longer time and will prevent you from munching on calorie-laden snacks. Curds give a smooth creamy texture to the dhokla batter while enriching it with calcium which is necessary for healthy and strong bones. You can also have these dhoklas when you're on a religious fast as both these ingredients can be consumed during fasts.
- Wash and drain the buckwheat. Add the curds and sanwa millet and mix well. Allow to soak for at least 3 hours.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, oil, soda bi-carb and salt and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased thali.
- Steam for 12 to 15 minutes till the dhoklas are firm.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt|| 46 gm|
|Energy|| 156 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.4 gm|
|Cho|| 28.6 gm|
|Fat|| 2.2 gm|
|Vit A|| 11.3 mcg|
|Vit C|| 0.2 mg|
|Calcium|| 75.0 mg|
|Iron|| 5.8 mg|
|F. Acid|| 0.0 mcg|
|Fibre|| 3.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.