Buckwheat Dhoklas ( Acidity Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28856 times
Enjoy this non-fermented, quick version of the famous gujarati delicacy.
- Grind the buckwheat coarsely. Wash and drain well.
- Add the curds mixture and mix well.
- Add the ragi flour, ginger-green chilli paste and salt to the mixture and mix well to make the dhokla batter.
- Add the fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle a little water over it to enable bubbles to be formed.
- Mix gently and pour the batter into a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased thali.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes till the dhoklas are firm.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond-shaped pieces.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.