Bruschettas with Tomato and Basil
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45482 times
This Italian favourite is a great any-time snack. Basil and tomatoes add subtle flavour and texture to this easy-to-make snack that tots up just 38 calories per piece! Have a couple of pieces to satisfy mid-morning or mid-evening hunger pangs.
- Cut each tomato into half lengthwise and gently remove all the seeds and pulp.
- Finely chop the tomatoes, add in all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain out the excess liquid. Keep aside.
- Brush some olive oil and garlic onto each bread slice, cut them diagonally into two and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 3 to 4 minutes till they are lightly toasted.
- Top each toasted piece with 1½ tablespoons of the topping cut into two equal pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per piece
|Energy|| 19 cal|
|Protein|| 0.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 2.9 gm|
|Fat|| 0.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 8.0 mg|
|Iron|| 0.3 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.