Brown Onion Soup with Pepper Cheese Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16285 times
Love the French onion soup? you will love this refreshing variation as well! onions browned in butter release a fragrant, appetizing aroma making this a perfect appetizer to a wonderful meal. The peppery cheese balls add a very interesting texture to the soup. Use a vegetable stock that has used a lot of vegetables for a strong base flavour. Serve this soup as is, immediately after the cheese balls are added. Serve with Parsley and Garlic Loaf and Baked Crêpes with Capsicum Sauce for a complete meal combo.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep pan with 6 cups of water and mix well.
- Simmer for approx. 20 minutes or till they release flavour.
- Strain using a strainer. Keep the stock aside and discard the vegetables.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions and roll, each portion into a small round ball. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup and add the cheese balls to it.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.