Brown Bread ( Low Calorie)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 692 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 162191 times
Brown bread is the ideal alternative to white bread. Not only it is nor nutritious in terms of the b vitamin content, it has loads of fibre that help prevent cardiovascular diseases, constipation and cancer. Create tasty sandwiches like paneer open sandwich, paneer walnut and celery rolls and baked corn sandwich using brown bread with www. Tarladalal. Com.
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar and a little warm water.
- Wait for at least 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbles come on top.
- Add the butter and salt.
- Make a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead for 2 minutes. Leave for 20 minutes and knead again for a while.
- Shape into a loaf and press into a greased loaf tin with your fingers. If you wish to make buns or small loaves, shape accordingly and arrange on a greased baking tin.
- Wait for at least 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 150 degree c and bake further for 15 minutes.
- Health Information :
- Brown bread is more nutritious than white bread as whole wheat flour.
- It conatins more protein, minerals, vitamins and fibre than processed white flour.
Nutrient values Per Bread Slice :
|Protein|| 2.3 gm|
|Fat|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.