Broccoli and Walnut Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41838 times
The Broccoli and Walnut Soup is a magic potion for strong bones! Vitamin C rich broccoli does wonders by enhancing protein absorption. Along with milk and walnuts, it also provides abundant calcium necessary for proper growth and development of bones. What is more, walnuts are also a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, making this soup a true all rounder.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions on a medium flamw for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups of water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is done, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer along with the potatoes to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into a deep pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the walnuts.
Nutrient values per serving
| 9.3 gm.|| 149 cal.|| 9.4 gm.|| 4.5 gm.|| 27.7 mg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.