Bright Eye Papaya Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15105 times
Every single part of the papaya including its seeds, leaves and tree bark have legendary medicinal properties. The papaya's vitamin content help keep eyes clear and bright
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- For the salad, peel and halve the papaya.
- Dissolve the orange jelly in 1 teacup of boiling water. Cool and add the lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Put to set in the refrigerator.
- When partially set, add the vegetables and mix well.
- If you like, add a little salt and sugar. Fill the papaya halves with this mixture and put to set in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, decorate with lettuce leaves and carrots. Serve cold with the dressing.
- Goodness Guide :
- An excellent source of Vitamins A and C.
- The more you have of these vitamins, the lesser the the likelehood of degeneration affecting your eyes.
- Vitamin C helps keep the eye lens clear.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|2.4 g||19 g||0.5 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.