by Tarla Dalal
Added to 193 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 236183 times
Bread pizzas are a quick do-it-yourself alternative for regular pizzas. Since most of the ingredients for this open sandwich are common and readily available, you can prepare it quickly any time you want. Just make sure you bake it to perfection and devour it fresh!
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bay leaves and pepper corns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, garlic and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, tomato ketchup, sugar, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Finally, add the dried oregano and basil and mix well.
- Remove the bay leaves and peppercorns and discard them.
- Divide the pizza sauce into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Spread a portion of the prepared pizza sauce evenly over each bread slice and finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.