Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36006 times
Bread idli is an innovative recipe with the bread slices topped with mashed potatoes and then steamed. Enjoy this delicious snack item with coconut chutney.
- Cut bread slices into round shape using a katori and keep aside.
- Mash the boiled potatoes, add the onions and salt and red chilli powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and pour this tempering to the curds and mix well.
- Add garam masala and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the potato mixture on one side of bread and spread the dahi mixture on the other side of bread.
- Heat a non stick tava and grease it with oil and put the bread such that curd sides facing upwards.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 -15 mins, till the potatoes turn red and dahi is kind of absorbed in the bread
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.