Black Forest Ice-cream Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 186 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76940 times
Fifteen minutes is all it takes to prepare irresistible Black Forest Ice-Cream Cake provided you have all the ingredients readily on hand. In this arrangement, vanilla ice-cream, grated chocolate and juicy cherries are sandwiched between sugar-soaked chocolate sponge, topped with whipped cream and decorated temptingly with tantalizing dark chocolate curls and deep red cherries. The icing on the cake is, however, the satisfaction of having made such a lavish dessert in your own kitchen and that too within minutes!
- Slice the chocolate sponge cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
- Place the bottom layer of the cake on a turntable or serving plate and sprinkle ? of the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread 1 cup of vanilla ice-cream evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cherries and 3 tbsp of dark chocolate evenly over it and place the middle layer of the chocolate sponge cake over it.
- Sprinkle another ? of the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread the remaining 1 cup of vanilla ice-cream evenly over it.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of cherries and the remaining 3 tbsp of dark chocolate evenly over it and place the top most layer of the chocolate sponge cake over it.
- Sprinkle the remaining ? of the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over it and on the sides of the cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and cherries and refrigerate for 1 hour or till set.
- Cut the cake into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.