Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32565 times
A yummy blend of soyabeans and dals!
- Clean, wash and soak the dals overnight.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of ginger and salt to the and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles, in the same water in which they have been soaked, adding more water if required.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and remaining ginger and saute till the onions become light pink in colour.
- Add the cooked dals, mix well and mash slightly with a spoon.
- Add the buttermilk gradually to the dal and simmer till the dal becomes thick.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek seeds and saute for 10 seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the red chillies, garam masala and curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by latakrish14 on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.