Black Currant Ice-cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29257 times
You must have always relished this ice-cream at parlors. Now it's time to try its low cal version in your kitchen and enjoy it.
- Blend the black currants with ½ cup water in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk powder and cornflour with 1 tbsp cold milk in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a non-stick pan, when it starts boiling add the milk powder and cornflour mixture while stirring continuously.
- Simmer till the milk thickens and keep aside to cool.
- To the cooled mixture add the black currant purée, lemon juice, cream and sugar substitute and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminium vessel, cover it and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the mixture has set, remove from the freezer and blend in a mixer till it is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the same vessel, cover and place it in the freezer again till it sets.
- Just before serving, place the scoops of ice-cream in 4 individual bowls and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.