Black Bean Soup ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16269 times
A traditional mildly flavoured mexican soup.
- Clean, wash and soak the black beans in enough water for 6 to 8 hours and drain well.
- Add 5 cups of water, tomatoes and garlic and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the staem to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- When cool, blend in a mixer till a smooth. Do not strain the mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent, while strring continuously.
- Add the black bean puree and salt and simmer for a another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once in between. Serve hot with toasted bread.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.