Added to 777 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85526 times
Here is something special - Biryani without meat, delicately flavoured with saffron and spices.
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
- Slice the onions thinly. Deep fry in ghee to a golden brown colour.
- Add salt to the rice and vegetables.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 2 teaspoons of milk and stir until the saffron dissolves. Add this to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a vessel and fry the paste for at least 3 or 4 minutes.
- Cool, add the curds, sugar and salt.
- Put 4 tablespoons of ghee in a vessel and sprinkle a few fried onions at the bottom.
- Spread half the rice over the onions.
- Spread the paste over the rice.
- Sprinkle vegetables over the paste.
- Cover the vegetables, with the remaining fried onions and rice. Put a lid on the top.
- Bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- Turn upside down on a big seving plate just before serving.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.