Bhindi Do Pyaza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 842 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 148339 times
Do pyaza denotes presence of double the quantity of onions than that found in any other style of preparation. The curds added towards the end of this dish add more sharpness to this dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add the onions, turmeric powder, ginger paste and green chillies and cook till the onions are tender.
- Add the bhindi and salt and cook over a medium flame till the bhindi is tender.
- Add the whisked curds and cook till the curds dry out.
- Serve hot with parathas or rotis.
- Bhindi tends to get sticky while cooking. Do not cover the pan while cooking and the stickiness will dry out without the presence of steam.
- Cook the bhindi over a slow flame for best results.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.