Bhindi Chorchori ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38438 times
Bhindi chorchori is an easy stir-fry of ladies finger in mustard oil, spiced with a dash of panch phoron, the authentic bengali tempering mix. Watch bengal come alive in your kitchen, and so quickly too!
- Wash and clean the ladies fingers. Slice off their stem and tip, and cut into two horizontally. Slit each half into two, without separating them. Keep aside.
- Combine the mustard oil and refined oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for high for 1 minute.
- Add the panch phoran, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the ladies fingers and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once after 1½ minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, onions, green chillies and ¼ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- To make panch phoran (approx 1/3 cup), combine 1 tbsp onion seeds (kalonji), 1 tbsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson), 1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) seeds, 1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf) and 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera) and mix well. Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.