Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30162 times
Bharwa tinde is a special stuffed vegetable recipe with tinde or small pointed gourds slit and then filled up with a spicy masala mix. These stuffed or bharwa tinde are served dry with roasted onions or made into a gravy and enjoyed with rotis.
- Cut the tinda from top into squares and deseed the tindas. Keep aside.
- Combine the sesame seeds, coconut and groundnut and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Combine the paste, coriander-cumin seeds powder, onions, coriander, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fill the tindas with a portion of the filling and close them with their respective square pieces.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric, chilli powder abd the stuffed tindas along with the remaining masalas.
- Add the beaten curds and cream and mix well.
- Place them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by dbhurangi on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.