by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61755 times
Stuffing them with spices and besan really enhances the flavour of brinjal in this dish! This subzi is easy and quick to make, as long as you have a pressure cooker on hand. Use the small and dark varieties of brinjal as they have a mild sweetness which combines well with the stuffing.
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth paste using a little water if required. Keep aside.
- Slit each brinjal into four equal parts lengthwise without separating the pieces from the steam. Keep aside.
- Stuff them with the prepared paste and put them in a pressure cooker. If any paste is left, spread it over the stuffed brinjals.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam escape and then open the pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai and cook the stuffed brinjals in it on a low flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till they are tender.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.