Bharleli Vaangi ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31818 times
Bhareli vaangi , a hassle-free, pressure cooker version of the authentic maharashtrian dish, you just need to wait for three whistles to relish this delightful dish with chapattis or rice.
- Make a criss-cross slit on each brinjal taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff each brinjal evenly with the prepared masala mixture (you will require approximately ¼th of the masala mixture) and keep the remaining mixture aside for later use.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and the remaining masala mixture and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the stuffed brinjals and 1/3 cup of hot water, mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.