Besan Paratha, Zero Oil Besan Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 95062 times
Roasted besan has a rich and appetising aroma, a property that is usually used well in the realm of sweets. However, we have innovatively used roasted besan along with taste givers like ginger-green chilli paste, as the stuffing for whole wheat parathas.
This simple yet tasty Besan Paratha is also healthy as it is loaded with fibre, iron and vitamin B complex. You just need to make sure that you serve this Zero Oil Besan Paratha immediately on preparation, while it is still fluffy and soft, as it tends to get dry upon cooling.
Serve with Fatless Maa ki Dal or Rajma Saagwala or just plain Low Fat Curds .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Spread one portion of the stuffing in an even layer on the circle.
- Roll it up tightly and again from one end to the other end to form a swiss roll and seal the open end tightly at the bottom in the centre.
- Turnover the swiss roll so that the sealed side faces upwards and again gently roll into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle). Turn over in a few seconds. Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the paratha with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 105 cal|
|Protein|| 4.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 20.0 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.8 gm|
|Fiber|| 1.7 gm|
|Iron|| 1.5 mg|
|Vitamin B1|| 0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2|| 1.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.