by Tarla Dalal
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72407 times
Try these tasty parathas, stuffed with roasted besan and simple yet tasty spices like green chillies. Whole wheat flour is a healthy option over refined flour as it is rich in fibre, iron and vitamin b complex.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough using water only if required.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (5") diameter.
- Spread one portion of the stuffing in an even layer on the circle and roll into a cigar-shape.
- Press and roll again into a spiral like a chakli.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter, using whole wheat flour.
- Cook on a hot non-stick tava (griddle), until both sides are golden brown.
- Lift the paratha with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and the stuffing to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.