Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14318 times
Besan pancakes or as commonly known as tomato omelette is a vegetarian gram flour based pancake or omelette recipe. The gram flour batter is mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes and chillies and then spread on a pan . Relish the hot and crispy besan pancakes with ketchup or green chutney.
- Mix besan, salt ajwain, green chillies and all the chopped vegetables and mix it well.
- Add enough water to make a thin-medium consistency batter.
- Mix well to avoid any lumps
- Heat the tava and put some about 1/2 teaspoon of oil when the tava is hot enough pour a spoonful of batter and spread it out just a little bit maintaining about 1/2 an inch thickness.
- Pour some oil around and on the pancakes.
- After a minute toss the pancake the other side.
- Both the sides of the pancake should be golden brown. then take the pancake out.
- Serve the pancakes while hot with mint chutney or with tomato ketchup
This recipe was contributed by rdgeeth on 20 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.