Bengal gram dal chutney
This recipe has been viewed 4846 times
Have with plain rice, dosa, adai.
u can add cucumber or turai pieces while frying but add green chillies instead of red ones.
Add your private note
Bengal gram dal chutney recipe - How to make Bengal gram dal chutney
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1/2 cups bengal gram dal, 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut, 1 pinch asafoetida, 2 tsp oil, 4-5 red chillies, 8-10 sticks coriander leaves, tata salt 3/4 tsp. for tampering: heat 4-5 tsp oil and add mustard seeds.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and add asafoetid.
- Fry bengal gram dal till lt brown.
- Add the grated coconut and fry for 1 mt.
- Add coriander leaves and fry till dry.
- Add red chillies and fry, sprinkle water till dal gets wet. cover with lid and simmer heat till water is evaporated. add tata salt and grind in a mixer inbetween coarse and smooth. add the tampering and mix well.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#389904 on 02 Nov 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.