Beetroot and Coriander Chutney
by padma prasad
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8575 times
1) this is very nutritious and healthy food.
2) can be served with rice, dosa and chapathi.
- Grate the beetroot, and cut the green chillies into pieces.
- Add little oil to a non-stick pan and add the grated beetroot and chilli pieces. mix them well and put a lid on it for 10 mins.
- Remove the lid and fry them properly for another 20 mins.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and heat them for a few (5) minutes. add required salt.
- Cool the ingradients.
- Fry the coriander seeds and garlic flakes separately and add them to the above ingradients.
- Blend all the above ingradients with tamarind pulp in a blender. now chutney is ready.
- Pour oil in a pan, add red chillies, urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera, and curry leaves.
- Fry them till color of urad dal''s color becomes red-brown color.
- Add these fied ingradients to the above chutney. and it is ready for serve.
- Shelf time: can be refrigirated upto one week.
This recipe was contributed by padma prasad on 28 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.