Beetroot and Carrot Soup ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74227 times
A brightly-coloured soup that might result in an extra job of washing stained bibs, but definitely worth the effort because these two fabulous veggies provide a lot of must-have nutrients for your precious one.
Carrots provide vitamin A, which is good for your baby's skin while beetroot pools in some fibre too. Moreover, this colourful combo is also mildly-sweet, which will make it very enjoyable for your baby.
- Combine the beetroot, carrot and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly and serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
|Energy|| 22 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.6 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 4.6 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.9 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 529.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.