Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7256 times
Crispy delicious brown samosas. . . Enjot with chilly sauce or green chutney.
- Combine the coriander seeds, chilli powder and pepper and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a small pan, add the ginger, onions and green chilli and saute on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the prepared masala, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the beetroot and salt, mix well and cover and cook till the beetroot is cooked.
- Remove form the flame and add the potatoes and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the salt, ghee and plain flour in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out into circle of 5" diameter.
- Place a portion of the filling at the centre and seal the edges to form a samosa.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the samosas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by perfectvenita on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.