Beetroot N' Carrot Soup
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29723 times
1) add butter just before serving
2) also top the soup with the noodles just before serving otherwise the noodles would loose the crispyness
3)avoid using ajinomoto
4)avoid using sugar since beetroot is high in sugar content
5)since carrot is combined with beetroot which is sweet the strong flavour of carrot is lost which many people don't like
6)this is very nutrisious soup since beetroot helps increase the hemoglobin content, carrot vitamin a, moong sprouts rich in proteins and vitamin e
7)do not throw away the water used for pressure cooking beetroot and carrot add it to the soup since due to boiling the water contains certain nutrients
- Throughly was both beetroot and carrot to remove the mud on beetroot and the hair on carrot
- Peel off the carrot skin. do not peel the raddish skin to avoid possible loss of vitamins
- Cut each beetroot and carrot in to 4 halves
- Preassure cook the beetroot and carrot. make 3 whistles so thet they become very smooth
- Drain and reserve the water after pressure cooking.
- Mash the cooked pieces and allow to cool
- Cut onions into cubes and saute till golden brown on oil and allow to cool
- After cooling grind the mashed beetroot, carrot and sauted onions to paste in a mixy. add enough water to make paste not very fine.
- Now strain the grind paste.
- Take some butter in a vessel add the garlic paste,gingerpaste and green chilli paste and saute for some time till u get the specific garlic-being-fried smell
- Add moong sprouts and saute, cover with the lid and let cook for 5 mins
- Now add the strain of beetroot,carrot and onions paste
- Add 6 cups of water to it and also the water reserved at the time of pressure cooking the beetroot and carrot.
- Add salt, cinnamon, cummin, coriander powder,lemon juice
- Bring to a boil, let simmer for a few mins
- Make a fine paste of cornflour and add it while stirring to avoid lumps
- Til for somemore time so that the cornflour paste is cooked and mixed well
- Take oil in a kadhai to fry the noodles.fry till golden brown and reserve on a tissue paper
- Crush the noodles not too much
- Serve steaming hot in soup bowls add some butter and top with the crispy noodles
This recipe was contributed by seemasalvekar on 23 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.