Bean and Tomato Soup ( Low Cholesterol)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39183 times
Protein from black beans as well antioxidants, vitamin A from tomatoes and vitamin C from capsicum, all together work towards maintaining the cells and the lining of the arteries in good health.
Add your private note
Bean and Tomato Soup ( Low Cholesterol) recipe - How to make Bean and Tomato Soup ( Low Cholesterol)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 servings
- Drain out all the water from the beans and add 2 cups of water, salt and bayleaves and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till they are soft. Remove the bayleaves and discard them. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for few more minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the rajma (along with the liquid they were cooked in), mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the salt and pepper and allow it to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can use any choice of beans instead of the rajma. Use black beans, chawli beans etc.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 79 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 11.8 gm|
|Fat|| 1.8 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 243.1 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 31.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.