Bean Sprouts Fried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22812 times
Relish this chinese delicacy, while also getting a health boost from the sprouts. To keep the rice grains separate, spread the cooked rice on a tray and allow it to cool. Then, rub a little oil on the cooked rice and keep aside till you require it.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and celery and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a high flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, french beans and bean sprouts and sauté on a high flame for more 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice, salt, vinegar and soy sauce, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
- To make 2 cups of cooked brown rice, boil enough water in a deep pan, add the salt, 1 tsp of oil and approx. ¾ cup of soaked and drained brown rice and cook till the rice is 85% cooked. Drain completely and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
| 160 calories|| 5.0 gm|| 27.8 gm|| 3.3 gm|| 1.4 gm|| 1.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.