Batata Vada ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 236 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 164016 times
Batata vada is another gujarati dish that has broken all geographical and cultural barriers to become world-famous! nothing but crisp potato fritters encased in a gram flour batter, these are enjoyed occasionally by all… while some even go a step ahead and make it a part of their weekly or even daily routine! for such people who want to keep relishing batata vadas frequently, try cooking it on a tava instead of deep-frying without compromising on the taste.
- Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander, lemon juice, potatoes, suagar and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, cool and divide the mixture into 12 to 15 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a round and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai. Dip the potato rounds in the prepared batter and deep fry a few at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour on all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with chutney of your choice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.