Batata Poha ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
2/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 295 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111397 times
This flavoured snack is one of my favourites as it is very easy to rustle up for morning breakfast as well as for the evening tea.
- Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all excess water and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, turmeric powder and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, sprinkle little water, mix well and microwave for 3 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the poha, salt, sugar and mix well. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the grated coconut and chopped coriander.
- Handy tip :
- If the poha gets too dry sprinkle a tablespoon of milk, mix well and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.