Basil and Tomato Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 298 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76775 times
Try this hearty, tangy pasta for its fresh and delicious flavors. A thick sauce of tomato pulp, onions, garlicbasil leaves and fresh cream is tossed in with farfalle pasta and topped with grated parmesan cheese. To be enjoyed immediately!
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook till the sauce thickens (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the chilli powder, tomato purée, sugar, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and basil leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the basil and tomato sauce and toss the bow pasta in it.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
- Tomato pulp is made by blanching whole tomatoes in hot water and thereafter peeling, desseding and chopping them.
- Tomato pulp is made by blanching whole tomatoes in hot water and thereafter peeling, deseeding and chopping them.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.