Basil Grilled Tomatoes and Onions
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22065 times
A touch of the Mediterranean on your barbeque. Basil and garlic complement tomatoes beautifully to create this simple but stunning dish. Select firm and ripe tomatoes for best results.
- Pierce the tomatoes in 1 to 2 places using a fork and then place them in the marinade along with the onions wedges. Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the onion and tomatoes alternately on skewers draining out and keeping aside the excess marinade that remains.
- Grill the skewers over a barbeque for 5 to 7 minutes till the tomatoes and
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
- You can also use this marinade as an interesting salad dressing.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.