This recipe has been viewed 2824 times
A step by step procedure to prepare the traditional and basic rolls at tarladalal.com. Find easy recipes to prepare breads, parathas, sandwiches and many more here..
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in small bowl; stir to dissolve. let stand 5 to 10 minutes, or until foamy.
- Heat milk in a saucepan until lukewarm; do not boil. add butter, sugar and milk; mix well.
- Combine milk mixture, yeast mixture and eggs in large bowl of electric mixer fitted with dough hook. add 2 cups of the flour; mix with dough hook until blended. add 2 cups flour and mix until blended. add 1 cup flour and mix on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and place on a floured surface. knead, adding as much of the remaining1/2 cup flour as needed to form a smooth, elastic dough. place dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat. cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled.
- Punch down dough. knead 2 minutes to work out air bubbles. let dough rest 10 minutes. shape dough into desired rolls. (for shape variations, visit tips & techniques.) place on lightly greased baking sheet. cover and let rise about 30 minutes, or until doubled.
- When dough is nearly finished rising, preheat oven to 425 degrees. bake rolls 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
This recipe was contributed by kanchan_c on 13 Dec 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.