Basic Pizza Base, How To Make Basic Pizza Base Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 703 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 323042 times
Pizzas have crossed geographical boundaries to become a hot favourite all over the world! While it is convenient to have Pizzas outside, it is also super fun to make it at home once in a while, because this gives you the freedom to make your pizza exactly the way you want it, with your favourite toppings and sauces, and just the amount of cheese you wish to have.
Although pizza base is readily available in stores, the fresh taste and texture of a homemade one are unbeatable. And, well, it is not such an adventurous activity either. It is quite easy to make at home, as this Basic Pizza Base recipe will show you.
Use this base to make Pizzetta Squares , Cheesy Zucchini and Baby Corn Pizza , Mushroom, Sweet Corn and Spinach Pizza and many more varities of pizzas .
- Combine 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle with the help of plain flour and prick each circle evenly using a fork.
- Place all the 3 pizza base on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 minutes.
- At step 7, while rolling a portion of the dough, keep the other 2 portions covered with the wet muslin cloth so that they do not dry up.
Nutrient values per pizza base
|Vitamin A||63.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.