Basic Pizza Base ( Pizzas and Pasta Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 658 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 196463 times
Pizza base are very easily available in the market thesed ays, however if you want to make them at home here is the recipe. .
- Put the plain flour into a deep bowl, make a small well in the centre and add the yeast along with 1 tbsp of water.
- Cover the yeast with a small inverted bowl and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each portion into a circle of 250 mm. (10") diameter and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Prick each circle 4 to 5 times with a fork.
- Bake at 150ºc for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fresh yeast can be easily purchased from your local bakery in small quantities.
- This pizza base can be topped with your favourite toppings.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.