Added to 196 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31368 times
A tasty and filling dish.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a soft dough by adding water. Knead well.
- Roll out into small chapatis and cook lightly on a tawa (griddle).
- Soak the beans overnight. Next day, cook in pressure cooker. Drain and mash.
- Heat the butter and ghee and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt and cook for a little while. Mash a little.
- Heat the oil in vessel and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the chillies and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Blend in liquidiser and strain.
- Add the ajwain, sugar and salt and boil for a few minutes.
- Fill each chapati with a little stuffing. Spread a little hot sauce and spring onions, close and serve.
- If you so wish, you can also serve barriots baked. Arrange on a baking tray and pour the remaining hot sauce on top. Pour the cream over the hot sauce
- Serve hot surrounded by chopped spring onions and grated carrots.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.