Barbequed Pineapple Slices
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15403 times
Fresh pineapple slices grilled with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Flambéeing them with rum or brandy makes a befitting finale to a colourful barbeque and definitely adds more life to this dessert.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and cream the mixture till it is soft and creamy.
- Using a knife, spread an even layer of the creamed butter mixture on both sides of each pineapple slice.
- Grill the pineapple slices on both sides over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are lightly browned.
- Pour the brandy in a ladle and warm it lightly. Pour over the pineapples and set it alight, allowing them to get flambéed.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- You can also use bananas with the same marinade.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.