Baked and Layred Caserole
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7052 times
Baked and layered casserole is a layered one pot baked recipe with rice, vegetables and nuts layered one over the other and then baked till done.
- Add salt, pepper, cream, soda, 1 tbsp. butter to mashed potato. mix till smooth. put in an icing bag with large star nozzle. keep aside. boil rice in plenty of water, cook till grain is not hard. drain water in a large colander, spread the rice in a plate to cool. heat 3 tbsp. butter in a pan, add ginger, chilli, stir. add spinach puree, salt, curd
- Cool a bit and pour over rice. mix with fingers till well blended. keep aside.
- Heat remaining butter in a pan. add onion, stir fry till pink. add carrot, potato finger, french beans, stir fry till tender.
- How to arrange the caserole :
- Grease the casserole, spread rice and press down lightly.
- Spread the stirfried vegetables over rice.
- Even out to make a uniform layer.
- Pipe out crisscross lines of the mashed potato.
- Bake in a hot oven till potato gets tinges of brown.
- Remove, sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nasim2001 on 05 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.