Baked Vegetables in Low Calorie White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51924 times
High in sodium, cheese is an absolute no-no for those with high blood pressure. An innovative cottage cheese sauce is a healthy substitute for high calorie white sauce in this popular baked dish.
- Combine the cauliflower with 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and simmer till the cauliflower softens.
- When cool, blend in a mixer till smooth. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the maida and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the milk and cauliflower purée and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or till it thicken.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the vegetables and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the low calorie white sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Spread the vegetable and sauce mixture in a greased baking dish and spread the grated potato on top.
- Sprinkle the herbs over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 230°c (460°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or microwave for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 86 cal|
|Protein|| 4.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 14.1 gm|
|Fat|| 1.2 gm|
|Sodium|| 122.8 mg|
|Calcium|| 100.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.