Baked Vegetable Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41692 times
Rice, which is the first course of an Italian meal, takes on an exciting and wholesome avatar here, loaded with veggies. Risotto is usually made with special kind of rice called Arborio rice, which is extremely absorbent and gives a creamy consistency to the dish even though the grains remain separate. Since Arborio rice is not easily available in India replace it with brown rice which works equally well.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicums and sauté till they become soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook till done.
- Add the rice, milk, cream and ¼ cup cheese and mix well. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the wine and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a greased baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.